Wednesday, September 15, 2010

We don't explode, we stretch...

Maybe about 90% of the time I had dinner at Gorecki I would always end my meal by saying, "Ugh. I feel I'm gonna explode" (after eating so much of course). And onetime my dear sweet friend Jackie Murillo corrected me one time and replied, " We don't explode, we stretch." For some reason I thought that was the funniest thing, anyone could have said. But having that shame of being so full that I couldn't move, or eating so much I would get tired and sleepy, made me come to the decision that I should not ever have that feeling again because it wasn't a good one. It was selfish to eat that much food simply because I could. I am proud to say that I have not said, "I feel I'm gonna explode" much since I graduated in May 2010. Of course until today.
   S. Mary Ruth told me yesterday that S. Carmen (aka the Prioress) wanted to take us (the September birthday girls) out for dinner today. She said it was a surprise and had no idea where we were going. We went to Longhorn Steakhouse (S. Carmen's favorite restaurant!) to celebrate our birthdays for the third time! I ordered a Tender Mushroom Filet Chops smothered with onions, mushrooms, and red wine sauce with french fries. This was of course after, a slice of bread with butter, 2 wings, a Caesar Salad and half of my Pina Colada. After the meal, I murmured Jackie's response to my little guilty after meal guilt. I laughed. But it was all so good and tasty and the steak was juicy and well done (sorry I don't like pink meat) just how I like it. S. Carmen asked if we'd like dessert and looking around I could see everyone was full as well. So she suggested we buy Krispy Kreme doughnuts and take them home. I couldn't believe she could still crave something after our dinner when I felt like unbuckling my pants. As we walked into the Krispy Kreme doughnut shop, we were greeted by a lovely gentlemen who gave us all free, fresh, soft, mouth watering and melting glazed doughnuts right off the line! Mmm, did I mention they were free?! So I ate it and unbuckled my pants instead of trying to suck in my stomach. "Sweet Jesus" as Ann Marie would say. it was a perfect treat. The entire evening was a gift on top of a gift. I have really felt at home here (with the exception of last weekend). The Sisters are all truly, Gifts from God.
     The reason I said that I have celebrated my birthday three times is because I have. One: the day of my birthday, two: Yesterday (the Sisters celebrated all the September birthdays), and three: Today. Yesterday we had a blast! Mass, dinner, the singing, dessert, the games,  the blessing, and all the gifts. I haven't had such a wonderful party since my Quinceanera. I received some PJ's, lotion, deodorant, toothpaste, drier sheets, soap (lots of it!), face wash, and most important cards. Each Sister wrote a card in addition to their gift and they expressed how grateful they are that we are here, how much they care for us, and some of the Sisters wrote "blessings from God and the Virgin Mary". I love them! Its been great. 

1 comment:

  1. I look like I am up to no good in that pic.

    We do stretch but it is elastic so we can unstrech! lol. <3 love you!

    ReplyDelete